As we previously informed you, April is “Get Yourself Tested” month!
Obviously we want to use this time to urge everyone to get themselves tested because it is so colossally important to know your STD status.
The CDC recommends being tested at least once a year if you engage in anything that can transmit HIV infection. This includes:
- injecting drugs or steroids with used injection equipment
- having sex for money or drugs
- having sex with an HIV-infected person
- having more than one sex partner since your last HIV test
- having a sex partner who has had other sex partners since your last HIV test
Since I personally have never been tested at a Planned Parenthood facility, I decided to put on my “Woman About Town” cap and go through the process so I could blog about it here! Continue reading