After Tiller is an award-winning documentary film that takes us inside the lives of the remaining four doctors who were openly providing third-trimester abortions in the United States after the 2009 murder of Dr. George Tiller, a staunch defender and provider of those abortions. The 88-minute film, released in 2013, seeks to shed light, rather than more heat, and move beyond the national shouting match about abortion later in pregnancy.
You can see the trailer here:
Is this film for you? Probably, if you ponder the following:
- Why would a pregnant woman wait so late into a pregnancy to decide to have an abortion?
- Why would a woman who loves her unborn baby have a late abortion?
- After 24 weeks’ gestation, should abortion (always, sometimes, never) be illegal?
- What kind of people provide third-trimester abortions?
- Do third-trimester abortions differ much from premature, natural childbirth?