Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona (PPAA) is proud to endorse candidates for public office who stand for:
- Access to abortion
- Access to health care
- Racial justice
- Keeping families together
- Inclusive, age-appropriate, nondiscriminatory comprehensive health education
- LGBTQ equality
- Funding for reproductive health care services
In selecting candidates to endorse, there are many circumstances taken into consideration:
- How important is the race?
- Is the candidate prepared to make women’s health a pillar in their campaign?
- Does the candidate have a robustly viable campaign and a path to victory?
- How does Planned Parenthood strengthen the campaign?
PPAA endorsements are publicized through the PPAA website, social media, traditional press, and voter guides. Endorsed candidates may receive coordinated support from PPAA volunteers or direct PAC financial support, and are invited to be featured on our website in the “Meet Our Candidates” interview series we publish every election cycle.
Endorsements are for the current election cycle only. As part of our voter education and mobilization efforts, your response or lack of response may be shared with our membership and the voters of Arizona.