- Read about the many challenges ahead in government now that anti-choice politicians have gained numbers in the House and the Senate (Raising Women’s Voices)
- Colorado voters reject “fetal personhood” initiative, but that won’t prevent similar measures from being on future ballots in other states (Ms. Magazine)
- Planned Parenthood is keeping score of reproductive rights wins and losses with its spiffy looking election map (PP Action)
- Wannabe abortion bomber pleads guilty to charges (RH Reality Check)
- Hope you’re sitting down for this stunning shocker: Recent study indicates oral sex leads to intercourse among teens! (CBS News)
- The hard road ahead: Anti-choicers outnumber supporters of choice by devastatingly large margins in the upcoming 112th Congress (NARAL)
- Why Medicaid Coverage for Births and Family Planning Services is Essential (Guttmacher)
“The hard road ahead: Anti-choicers outnumber supporters of choice by devastatingly large margins in the upcoming 112th Congress” What is an “Anti-choicer”? I read the linked article and it was unclear of what choice those candidates are against.
Um, anti-choice means someone who opposes women’s access to reproductive health care options, and someone who opposes comprehensive sex education.
Ok, I was confused. I thought they where going after people that wanted to protect the lives of in utero babies.
I am fully for women to have access to reproductive health care, and we should have sex education. Those are great things. Almost as great as protecting the innocent lives of those defensive babies that are dependent on their mothers to protect them.
“Almost as great as protecting the innocent lives of those defensive babies that are dependent on their mothers to protect them.”
ALMOST as great? So essentially a living, breathing woman with hopes, dreams and aspirations doesn’t quite measure up against an unborn fetus? We value a fetus more than a woman? We’ll force a woman to give birth and risk her own health and future fertility to “protect” a fetus from what? Non-existence?